The Red House of Anacapri is named after the Pompeian red color that makes it unmistakable. The building was built between 1876 and 1898 by American colonel John Clay MacKowen. Here Colonel collected his collection of archaeological finds of different origin.
MacKowen built the house behind the Aragonese Tower, an ancient defensive bastion erected by the inhabitants of Anacapri, after the middle of the ‘300.
Today, the Casa Rossa permanently hosts a collection of paintings that represent views of the island
1 April – 31 May: 10.00-17.00
1 June – 30 September: 10.00-13.30 / 17.30-20.00
1 October – 31 October: 10.00-17.00